SONOMA COUNTY CONSERVATION
4787 Old Redwood Highway | Hours 8:30am-4:00pm | Drop box available 24/7
Conservation Phone (707) 542-8329, ext. 0 | Fax 707-542-1738
DROUGHT EMERGENCY DECLARED FOR SONOMA COUNTY
Sonoma County is officially in a drought. California American Water is monitoring the situation closely and will take further action as needed. In the meantime we are asking our customers to take practical steps to reduce water use, follow our three-day-a-week watering schedule, and avoid prohibited uses of water.
Voluntary Irrigation Schedule
• Customers may water up to three days per week on the days of their choosing
• Please water outdoors before 10:00 am or after 8:00 pm
• Do not allow water to run onto sidewalks or gutters
• Consider running irrigation systems for 3-4 minutes, 2-3 times per watering day
Click the link buttons below for more information.
Please check out the limited time “Water/Energy Rebates for Restaurant and Food Service Facilities” provided through our Sonoma-Marin Partnership. Select “OTHER REBATES INFORMATION” tab for details and application.
We’re here to help
FREE Water Wise Surveys are available. California American Water provides free water use consultations for our residential and non-residential customers. For residential customers, a conservation specialist will visit your home, identify ways to help you save water, and even provide free low flow fixtures for your kitchen and bathroom. For non-residential customers, a conservation specialist will calculate an individualized water budget and provide water saving recommendations.
Please call your Conservation Specialist at 707-304-8202 to schedule your in home survey.
*To protect our employees and customers, California American Water will suspend non-essential field appointments and in person conservation services during the emergency. Our conservation staff however is available to help and troubleshoot higher than normal bills or potential leaks and any conservation related questions over the phone. Thanks for your understanding.
Statewide Water-Use Restrictions
• No watering lawns or landscapes with potable water for 48 hours following or during rainfall
• No using water to wash hardscapes such as sidewalks or driveways
• No irrigation runoff or overspray onto streets, sidewalks or driveways
• No washing a vehicle without a positive shut-off nozzle at the end of the hose
• No using fountains or decorative water features that DO NOT recirculate water
• All leaks must be fixed within 72 hours
• No watering of ornamental grass on public medians
• Restaurants and other food service establishments can only serve water to customers upon request
• Hotels and motels must provide guests with the option of choosing not to have towels or linens laundered daily and prominently display notice of this option