SUPPLIER DIVERSITY – DOING BUSINESS WITH US
Learn About Us
- Know and understand the product and service offerings of American Water at amwater.com.
- Understand the structure of our segments and business units and our business trends by reading our most recent Annual Report & Environment, Social & Governance (ESG) Report.
Know What We Look For
For purposes of the Program, we look for suppliers who have been certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Women Business Enterprise (WBE), Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE), Service-Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (SDVBE), Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Business Enterprise (LGBTBE), Disability Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) or Historically Underutilized Business (HUB). Refer to the list of recognized agencies in the FAQ section.
What We Buy
Determine Where You Fit In
- Take a realistic look at your company's product and service offerings and determine whether you are most competitive at the local, regional, or national level.
- Prepare the business solution and value-add that uniquely qualifies your organization to do business with us. What does your company do or have that we can't live without?
When there is a need, our sourcing professionals utilize our Supplier Portal to identify new vendors. As you create your company profile on the Supplier Portal, note that a detailed and current profile on the database will allow our sourcing professionals to find you easily.
- When there is a match for our business need and your commodity based on the information and capabilities you provide, we can contact you directly.
- Registration in the Supplier Registration & Supplier Diversity Reporting Portal does not mean that your company is an approved supplier.
This system is used to verify your supplier diversity status for current and potential Tier 1 prime suppliers (diverse or non-diverse) as well as a reporting platform for Prime/Tier 1 Suppliers to report Sub/Supplier/Tier 2 spend with certified diverse suppliers quarterly.