American Water’s Applicants Have Rights
American Water complies with all federal Department of Labor requirements and regulations as a federal contractor and the largest public investor-owned water and wastewater utility in the U.S.
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, protected veteran status, an individual’s disability status, or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
American Water is an E-Verify Employer
If you require an accommodation for the application process, please click here.
- EPPA – Employee Polygraph Protection Act (English) (Spanish)
- FMLA – Family Medical Leave Act (English) (Spanish)
- EEO is the Law (English) (Spanish)
- EEO is the Law Supplement
- OFCCP Pay Transparency (English) (Spanish)
- E-Verify Participation
- E-Verify Right to Work
Applicants to positions in California please see California-only notices