American Water affirms its commitment to employees in the National Guard and Reserve
As America prepared to celebrate the 242nd anniversary of the U.S. Army, and show our pride and appreciation on Flag Day, American Water restated its commitment to supporting and recruiting military veterans into our workforce.
During a special signing ceremony at our headquarters on Tuesday, Walter Lynch , chief operating officer, signed a Statement of Support for current and future American Water employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
Joining Lynch were several employees, military veterans and Don Tretola, chair of the New Jersey Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Committee.
The Statement of Support signed by American Water pledges:
- We fully recognize, honor and comply with the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Act (USERRA).
- We will provide our managers and supervisors with the tools they need to effectively manage those employees who serve in the Guard and Reserve.
- We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and will encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists and Veterans.
- We will continually recognize and support our country’s Service members and their families in peace, in crisis, and in war.
- American Water signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) on October 31, 2016 with Army PaYS. The Partnership for Youth Success (PaYS) helps match soldiers with participating businesses most in need of their particular skill set. Soldiers can sign up to participate in PaYS and choose the job and company they are most qualified for during the enlistment process. Upon completion of their military training and/or first term of service, soldiers participating in PaYS will be guaranteed a job interview at the PaYS partner company of their choice.
- American Water signed a Statement of Support on June 13, 2017 with Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). American Water supports employee participation in the military. Supportive employers are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the Nation’s Guard and Reserve units.
- ACP is a national non-profit organization dedicated to helping post 9/11 veterans transition to the private sector through one-on-one mentoring relationships with corporate professionals. ACP is not a job placement program; rather, it is designed to assist veterans in their career development through mentorship, networking, and career guidance. https://www.acp-usa.org