LOW INCOME PROGRAM
Sometimes customers face circumstances that stretch their financial resources. Iowa American Water is here to assist. Our customer service representatives will work with you on a plan to pay the balance of the bill over time. You may also be qualified to receive assistance through our H2O Help to Others Program™.
If you cannot pay your bill by the due date, please contact our customer service center immediately, before the due date. Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-866-641-2108. They will work with you on a plan to pay the balance of your bill over time. These payment arrangements may require you to:
- Pay at least 25% of your bill within 48 hours of your call
- Pay the rest of the bill, including any applicable late payment charge, according to an agreed upon schedule, not to exceed 6 months
- Pay all future bills as they become due
- Only customers who have not broken similar agreements in the past twelve months are eligible to make these payment arrangements
H2O Help to Others Program
H2O Help to Others is an emergency assistance program created by Iowa American Water and Community Action of Eastern Iowa. The program helps provide supplemental funding to Iowa American Water customers who would otherwise have trouble paying their bills.
H2O Help to Others is supported by customers' voluntary donations and contributions from Iowa American Water. The Community Action Agencies' trained caseworkers determine the needs of families and individuals, who must be Iowa American Water customers.
Who qualifies for H2O Help to Others program assistance?
Any individual or family whose water service is being provided by Iowa American Water and who is in danger of losing their primary source of water and meets the "basic needs" criteria as set by Community Action Agency caseworkers.
How do I apply for H2O Help to Others assistance?
Call the Iowa American Water Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-866-641-2108. Or, you may contact Community Action of Eastern Iowa in Clinton at 1-563-243-5220 or 1-866-243-5220. You may also contact Community Action in the Quad Cities area at 1-563-324-3236 or 1-866-324-3236.
IOWA FINANCE AUTHORITY
Residential Customer Utility Disruption Prevention Program
If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19, you may be eligible for a payment toward your bill through current limited time COVID-19 relief program:
- Iowa Residential Customers: The Iowa Finance Authority has launched the Iowa Residential Utility Disruption Prevention Program to assist eligible households that are at risk of disconnection due to inability to pay because of a COVID-19-related loss of income.
Assistance would be applied to your utility bill debt accrued between March 17, 2020, and October 31, 2020, up to $2,000.
The application deadline has been extended until 11:59 PM on Friday, December 4, 2020.
Visit the Iowa Finance Authority for eligibility requirements and/or to apply or call 877-463-3269 for more information.