RIPPLE EFFECT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Kentucky American Water launched its Ripple Effect Scholarship Program in 2002 with a focus on academic excellence and community service. In recent years, the program has focused more specifically on recognizing high school seniors' commitment to one of our key areas of corporate responsibility – environmental stewardship.
This scholarship is in the form of a one-time payment of $500 and may be used at any accredited university, college or trade school to pursue studies in an environmental, engineering or agricultural field. Applicants must reside within a Kentucky county served by Kentucky American Water: Bourbon, Clark, Fayette, Franklin, Gallatin, Grant, Harrison, Jackson, Jessamine, Nicholas, Owen, Rockcastle, Scott or Woodford.
Eligible high school seniors must complete the application along with the following information:
- Official school transcript
- Essay (500 words or less, describing leadership of a community service or volunteer project that demonstrates a commitment to the environment.)
- Resumé (school activities, work experience, honors, community service efforts)
- Recommendation letter(s) from:
- School representative (from a teacher or administrator) and/or
- Volunteer coordinator, representative of organization benefiting from project, etc.
Scholarship applications must be received by Friday, April 2, 2021 and winners will be notified by mid-April.
If you have questions regarding the program or the application process, please contact
Ellen Williams, Kentucky American Water