WE’RE PROUD TO BE MOUNT EPHRAIM’S NEW WASTEWATER SERVICE PROVIDER.
Dear Valued Customer,
I am pleased to announce that New Jersey American Water completed the acquisition of Mount Ephraim’s wastewater system. We’re already your water service provider, and we look forward to providing you with the same level of quality service to meet your wastewater needs.
You’re in good hands.
Our focus is to provide you with around-the-clock, safe, reliable water and wastewater service each and every day – and we have the people and technologies in place to get the job done right. As our new wastewater customer, we want to share with you some information about the services we provide, as well as some changes that will be taking place over time.
No change to your wastewater rates.
As part of the sale agreement, New Jersey American Water has committed to leaving the Mount Ephraim’s wastewater rates in place for the first two years. After the first two years, rates will not increase by more than 3 percent per year for the next three years. New Jersey American Water is regulated by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities. Any future proposed changes in wastewater rates will be subject to extensive governmental review and approval. For more information about rates, click here.
Your wastewater bill will now be coming monthly.
Previously, Mount Ephraim billed annually for wastewater service. The last bill covered services through December 31, 2019. Once New Jersey American Water begins billing in January of next year, we will transition you to monthly billing. This is preferred by many customers, because providing 12 smaller bills instead of one larger bill makes it easier for customers to include the cost of water and wastewater service in their monthly household budgets.
Here’s how the transition in billing will work.
Since you have already paid for wastewater service in advance for the year, you will begin to see wastewater charges listed as a line item on your bill; however, these will show a zero dollar charge. Then, in January 2020, we will begin to include wastewater service charges on your water bill. Your January wastewater charges will be prorated and will cover wastewater services from January 1 through January meter reading date. This bill will be due and payable to New Jersey American Water. You will then be billed on a monthly basis thereafter.
Account set up for water and sewer will be the same (Important to tenants, landlords and property owners, especially). To provide one combined bill, we will be adding the sewer charges to the water bill starting in January. If the water and sewer bills were not mailed to the same location or person previously, moving forward, we’re mailing the combined bill based on how the water account is set up. For example, if you’re a tenant, and you receive the bill for water service, but your landlord pays the sewer bill, beginning in January, your bill will include both the water and sewer charges. We recommend that tenants and landlords work together to determine how to manage this transition.
Additional benefits of being a New Jersey American Water customer.
- Regular investment in our water and wastewater systems. We continually evaluate our systems and facilities, prioritize projects and then make necessary capital investments to improve service. Statewide, we invested more than $330 million in 2018 alone to improve the water and wastewater treatment and pipeline systems. Locally, in Mount Ephraim, we plan to invest $4 million in wastewater system improvements in the first four years, including much needed main replacements, upgrades to two pump stations, GIS mapping the entire sewer pipe system and more.
- Paperless Billing and Auto Pay. If you are not already enrolled in paperless billing, consider signing up. We’ll notify you by email when your bill is available to view online. Take it one step further and sign up for our recurring Auto Pay. Your bill will be paid on time, every time, directly from your checking or savings account AUTOMATICALLY! No checks to write and no stamps required. You will still receive a copy of your bill before the payment is due so that you have time to review it if needed. Both of these services are free, and you can discontinue them at any time. It’s easy to enroll online using our web self-service tool My Account at myaccount.amwater.com. Be sure to have your account number handy.
- High-quality service. Our team of water quality experts and licensed operators has an exceptional track record when it comes to water quality. We perform thousands of tests each year for about 100 regulated contaminants. These tests are performed at our in-house quality control laboratories, and we have access to American Water’s Belleville Lab, one of the most advanced water quality laboratories in the U.S. We monitor water quality every step of the way, from source to tap, and we know what it takes to provide water service that meets or surpasses state and federal drinking water standards.
- Commitment to our customers and the environment. We promote wise water use, support environmental programs and offer water experts to speak to your school, civic and neighborhood groups. Learn more.
- A helping hand for customers in need. Through our H2O Help to Others Program™, we offer financial assistance to help customers who qualify pay their water and/or wastewater bill.
We’re here to answer your questions.
Our customer service representatives are available to answer your questions at 1-800-272-1325, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For emergencies: we’re available at this number 24/7.
Customers can also access My Account anytime to view and pay your bill, track water use, and sign up for paperless billing and more. All you need is your account number, which you will receive with your first bill. Then visit myaccount.amwater.com to register. It’s that easy.
It’s a privilege to serve you.
We are excited to be your new wastewater service provider. For more information, please review the our welcome packet. We also invite you to visit us online at newjerseyamwater.com or like us on Facebook at fb.com/njamwater.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us and for allowing us to serve you. It really is a privilege