BILLING & PAYMENT
Pay Your Bill:
- Log into MyWater to:
- Make a one-time payment using your bank account. This service is free of charge.
- Make a one-time credit card payment for a $1.95 fee.
- Schedule automatic payments to avoid late fees.
- To pay without registering for an account, visit amwater.com/billpay. Transaction fees apply for all payment methods. Be sure to have your account number handy.
Pay by Phone
Pay with credit card:
- Call 1-855-748-6066 to pay with a Visa or MasterCard.
- Be sure to have your account number handy.
- A $1.95 transaction fee applies.
Pay with your bank account:
- Call 1-800-272-1325 to speak to a customer service representative.
Pay by Mail
For all customers EXCEPT Mt. Ebo Wastewater
Please make the check payable to “New York American Water”, send payment along with payment stub to:
New York American Water
P.O. Box 371332
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7332
For Mt. Ebo Wastewater Customers only
Please make the check payable to “Mt. Ebo Sewage Works”, send payment along with payment stub to:
New York American Water
P.O. Box 438
Wellsburg, NY 14894
No cash, staples or paper clips please.
Pay In Person
New York American Water has agreements with several authorized payment locations across the state.
Please note that this list changes periodically. Customers are encouraged to call the location first, to ensure they still accept payments for New York American Water. Please note these locations DO NOT accept payments by mail.
Pay Through a Third Party
If someone handles paying your bills, such as a relative, trustee or social service organization, we can send a copy of your bill, as well as a reminder, past-due and shut-off notices, to that third party. To add a third-party, visit MyWater or contact our customer service center at 1-800-492-8373, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
CHECK OUT OUR NEW, IMPROVED CUSTOMER PORTAL
Managing your account online is easy with MyWater. You can view and pay your bill, sign up for Auto Pay and Paperless Billing, track your water usage and compare it to your neighborhood average, and more! We’ve improved our customer portal, so if you haven’t logged on recently, view the video below, or log on/enroll and see if for yourself! Visit MyWater today!
Sometimes customers face circumstances that stretch their financial resources. If you cannot pay your bill by the due date, please contact our Customer Service Center immediately, BEFORE the due date at 1-877-426-6999.
NOTE: Mt. Ebo wastewater customers should call 1-845-278-2780; Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
When you call, our customer service representatives will work with you on a plan to pay the balance of the bill over time. These payment arrangements require you to:
- Pay at least 20 percent of your bill within 48 hours of your call.
- Pay the rest of the bill, including any applicable late payment charge according to an agreed upon schedule, not to exceed six months.
- Pay all future bills as they become due.
American Water will create these payment arrangements only with customers who have not broken a similar agreement with us in the past twelve months.