Dear Valued Customer,
I am pleased to announce that Pennsylvania American Water completed the acquisition of Royersford Borough’s wastewater system. We have been providing high-quality, reliable water and wastewater service to communities across the state for well over a century. In fact, we’re already the water service provider for most customers in your community, and we’re committed to delivering that same standard of excellence to you as our new wastewater customer.
You’re in good hands.
Our focus is to provide you with safe, reliable wastewater service – and we have the people and technologies in place to get the job done right. As our new wastewater customer, we wanted to share with you some information about the services we provide, as well as some changes that will be taking place over time.
About your rates.
We’ve adopted Royersford Borough’s existing wastewater rates, so there will be no changes to your current charges. Because Pennsylvania American Water is regulated by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, any future proposed changes in wastewater rates will be subject to extensive governmental review and approval. To learn more about rates, visit pennsylvaniaamwater.com/rates.
We’re transitioning you to monthly billing.
Previously, you were billed quarterly for wastewater service. We’ll be transitioning you to monthly billing. This is preferred by many customers, because providing 12 smaller bills instead of four larger bills makes it easier for customers to include the cost of wastewater service in their monthly household budgets.
Here’s how the billing transition will work.
Your meter will be read on May 25, 2021. You will receive your first bill from Pennsylvania American Water in June. The wastewater portion of your bill may be prorated and cover service fees and usage charges for wastewater service received from May 25 through the current meter reading date. This bill will be due and payable to Pennsylvania American Water. You will then be billed on a monthly basis thereafter. If you are an existing water customer of Pennsylvania American Water, your wastewater charges will be added to your monthly water bill.
Please note: Royersford Borough will not be accepting payments on our behalf. If you prefer to pay in person, Pennsylvania American Water has agreements with authorized payment locations in the greater Royersford area:
- WAL-MART, 233 Shoemaker Road, Pottstown
- WAL-MART, 650 South Trooper Road, Norristown
- WAL-MART, 651 Main Street, Harleysville
We also have several other convenient payment options.
Additional benefits of being a Pennsylvania American Water customer.
- Regular investment in our systems. We continually evaluate our systems and facilities, prioritize projects and then make necessary capital investments to improve service. Statewide, we invested $400 million in 2020 alone to improve the water and wastewater treatment and pipeline systems. Locally, in the next five years, Pennsylvania American Water plans to invest approximately $1.6 million in system improvements to Royersford’s wastewater system. These improvements include main replacements, safety and security improvements, SCADA system improvements, and chemical feed system upgrades.
- Paperless Billing and Auto Pay. Enroll in Paperless Billing, and we’ll notify you by email when your bill is available to view online. Take it one step further and sign up for our recurring Auto Pay. Your bill will be paid on time, every time, directly from your checking or savings account AUTOMATICALLY! No checks to write and no stamps required. Both of these services are free, and you can discontinue them at any time. It’s easy to enroll online using our web self-service tool MyWater at amwater.com/mywater. All you need is your account number, which you will receive with your first bill.
- High-quality service. Our team of wastewater experts and licensed operators has an exceptional track record when it comes to meeting regulations. And, with American Water’s strong reputation for leadership, innovation and expertise in wastewater, we have what it takes to meet the wastewater needs of your community.
- Emergency notification system. In case of emergencies, we use a high-speed notification system to quickly alert customers via phone, text and email when emergencies occur. Visit amwater.com/mywater to choose how you want to be notified and update your contact information. You can also report an emergency online or through MyWater.
- Commitment to our customers and the environment. We promote wise water use, support environmental programs and offer experts to speak to your school, civic and neighborhood groups.
- A helping hand for customers in need. Through our H2O Help to Others Program™, we offer financial assistance to help residential customers who qualify pay their water and/or wastewater bill. For our wastewater customers who qualify, we offer grants of up to $500 per year and a 30 percent discount on the total wastewater charges. For our water customers who qualify, we provide grants of up to $500 per year, an 85 percent discount on the monthly service fee, a 10 percent discount on the monthly volumetric charges, and water-saving devices and education. To learn more or see if you qualify, contact Dollar Energy Fund at 1-888-282-6816 or learn more on our Customer Assistance Programs page.
We’re here to answer your questions.
Our customer service representatives are available to answer your questions at 1-800-565-7292, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For emergencies: we’re available at this number 24/7.
You can also access MyWater anytime to view and pay your bill, track water use, and sign up for paperless billing and more. Visit amwater.com/mywater to register. It’s that easy. Be sure to have your account number handy.
It’s a privilege to serve you.
We are excited to be your new wastewater service provider. For more information, please review the welcome packet mailed to your address and like us on Facebook.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us and for allowing us to serve you. It really is a privilege.