We’re proud to be your new water and/or wastewater service provider.
We're pleased to announce that Pennsylvania American Water completed the acquisition of Valley Township’s water and wastewater systems. We have been providing high-quality, reliable water and wastewater services to communities across the state for well over a century. In fact, we’re already the water service provider for many customers in your community, and we’re committed to delivering that same standard of excellence to you as our new water and/or wastewater customer.
You’re in good hands.
Our focus is to provide you with safe, reliable water and wastewater services – and we have the people and technologies in place to get the job done right. As our valued customer, we wanted to share with you some information about the services we provide, as well as some changes that will be taking place over time.
About your rates.
There will be no changes to your current rates. Because Pennsylvania American Water is regulated by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, any future proposed changes in rates will be subject to extensive governmental review and approval. To learn more, click here.
We’re transitioning you to monthly billing.
Previously, you were billed quarterly by Valley Township for service. We’ll be transitioning you to monthly billing. This is preferred by many customers, because receiving 12 smaller bills instead of four larger ones makes it easier for them to include the cost of service in monthly household budgets.
Here’s how the billing transition will work.
Your meter will be read on November 18, 2021. If you are new to Pennsylvania American Water, you will receive your first monthly bill from us in December. The first bill may be prorated and cover service fees and usage charges for service received from November 18 through the December meter reading/bill date. This bill will be due and payable to Pennsylvania American Water. If you are an existing water customer of ours, your wastewater charges will be added to your monthly water bill.
Please note: Valley Township will not be accepting payments on our behalf. If you prefer to pay in person, Pennsylvania American Water has agreements with authorized payment locations in the greater Valley Township area:
- COATESVILLE GROCERY & NEWS AGENCY, 655 East Lincoln Highway, Coatesville
- WAL-MART, 100 Commons Drive, Parkesburg
- WAL-MART, 270 Indian Run Street, Exton
For a complete listing of payment locations, click here.
Additional benefits of being a Pennsylvania American Water customer.
- Regular investment in our systems. We continually evaluate our systems and facilities, prioritize projects and then make necessary capital investments to improve service. Statewide, we invested $400 million in 2020 alone to improve the water and wastewater treatment and pipeline systems. Locally, from 2021 through 2025, Pennsylvania American Water plans to invest more than $5.8 million in system improvements to Valley Township’s water and wastewater systems. These improvements include water and wastewater main replacements, technology and control system upgrades, pump station upgrades, and meter replacements.
- Paperless Billing and Auto Pay. Enroll in Paperless Billing, and we’ll notify you by email when your bill is available to view online. Take it one step further and sign up for our recurring Auto Pay. Your bill will be paid on time, every time, directly from your checking or savings account AUTOMATICALLY! No checks to write and no stamps required. Both of these services are free, and you can discontinue them at any time. It’s easy to enroll online using our self-service tool MyWater at mywater.amwater.com. All you need is your account number, which you will receive with your first bill.
- High-quality service. Our team of water and wastewater experts and licensed operators has an exceptional track record when it comes to meeting regulations. With Pennsylvania American Water’s strong reputation for leadership, innovation and expertise, we have what it takes to meet the needs of your community.
- Emergency notification system. In case of emergencies, we use a high-speed notification system to quickly alert customers via phone, text and email when emergencies occur. Visit mywater.amwater.com to choose how you want to be notified and to update your contact information. You can also report an emergency online or through MyWater.
- Commitment to our customers and the environment. We promote wise water use, support environmental programs and offer experts to speak to your school, civic and neighborhood groups.
A helping hand for customers in need.
Through our H2O Help to Others Program™, we offer financial assistance to help residential customers who qualify pay their water and/or wastewater bill. For our wastewater customers who qualify, we offer grants of up to $500 per year and a 30 percent discount on the total wastewater charges. For our water customers who qualify, we provide grants of up to $500 per year, an 85 percent discount on the monthly service fee, a 10 percent discount on the monthly volumetric charges, and water-saving devices and education.
Do you qualify? To qualify for the grant programs, customers must have annual household incomes at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines (FPIG). For the discount programs, it’s 150 percent of the FPIG. Customers who qualify for the H2O program may also qualify to receive a water-saving kit that includes a low-flow shower head, faucet aerators, a toilet tank diverter, tips on how to save water (and money) and more!
Need help? Pennsylvania American Water’s H2O Help to Others Program™ is administered by Dollar Energy Fund, an independent, non-profit organization established to help those in need. To learn more or to see if you qualify, contact Dollar Energy Fund at 1-888-282-6816, or visit us online to view more information about our Customer Assistance Programs.
We’re here to answer your questions.
Our customer service representatives are available to answer your questions at 1-800-565-7292, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For emergencies: we’re available at this number 24/7.
You can also access MyWater anytime to view and pay your bill, track water use, sign up for paperless billing and more. Visit mywater.amwater.com to register. It’s that easy. Be sure to have your account number handy.
It’s a privilege to serve you.
We are excited to be your service provider. We also invite you to follow us on social media.