Kentucky American Water Awards $6,500 to Local Fire Departments through Firefighting Support Grant Program - 2022
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 14, 2022) – Thirteen fire departments in Kentucky will share $6,500 in total grant funds through Kentucky American Water’s 2022 Firefighting Support Grant Program. Today’s announcement brings the total amount of funds awarded to Kentucky firefighting organizations since the program’s inception in 2011 to $91,500 and coincides with National Fire Prevention Week, observed this year from Oct. 9 to Oct. 15 to raise awareness about the importance of fire prevention and emergency planning.
“We are proud to partner with the men and women who volunteer for and support our local fire departments,” said Ellen Williams, external affairs specialist for Kentucky American Water. “We’re honored to continue our Firefighting Support Grant program to support the tremendous work they do and thank them for the critical services they provide to communities year-round.”
Kentucky American Water’s Firefighting Support Grant Program covers a variety of fire department expenses associated with personal protective gear, communications equipment, firefighting tools, training and fire prevention education.
Departments receiving funding in 2022 are:
- Bourbon County Fire Department for the purchase of mechanical equipment
- North Middletown Volunteer Fire Department toward the purchase of a personal protective equipment gear rack
- Lexington Fire Department toward the purchase of fire-resistant hoods
- Franklin County Fire Department toward the purchase of wildland firefighting tools
- Harrison County Fire District for the purchase of two-way radio batteries
- Nicholas County Fire Department toward the purchase of a firefighter accountability system
- Monterey Volunteer Fire Department for the purchase of firefighting foam concentrate
- Owen County Volunteer Fire Department toward the purchase of a commercial gearwashing machine
- Owenton Volunteer Fire Department toward the purchase of a commercial gearwashing machine to be used with Owen County Volunteer Fire Department
- Climax Volunteer Fire Department toward the purchase of fire rescue materials
- Livingston Fire and Rescue toward the purchase of hydrant gate valves
- City of Midway Fire and Rescue for the purchase of a fire hose nozzle and safety cones
- Woodford County Fire Department for the purchase of firefighting gloves
Learn more about National Fire Prevention Week by visiting firepreventionweek.org.
Kentucky American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and wastewater services to approximately half a million people. For more information, visit www.kentuckyamwater.com and follow Kentucky American Water on Twitter and Facebook.
About American Water
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE:AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 6,400 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to more than 14 million people in 24 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and diversityataw.com.Follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Ellen U Williams
Specialist, External Affairs