ENVIRONMENTAL GRANT PROGRAM
Our commitment to protecting the environment runs deep and we’re proud to support the efforts of local organizations that share our vision.
Established in 2005, our annual Environmental Grant Program offers funding for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and groundwater supplies in our local communities.
We are pleased to offer assistance to community partners to help make a positive impact on the environment, and we encourage you to apply.
To qualify for Environmental Grant funding, a proposed project must be:
- Located within a West Virginia American Water service area
- Completed between May and November of the grant funding year
- Be a new or innovative community initiative, or serve as significant expansion to an existing program.
- Coal River Group ($2,500) for the youth water sampling program along the Big, Little and Lower Coal Rivers in Boone and Kanawha Counties
- Cub Scouts of St. Albans ($1,800) to support an urban watershed improvement project along the Kanawha River
- Wayne County Farm Bureau/Guyan Conservation District ($2,500) to install drip irrigation systems in Spring Valley High School’s greenhouse
- WVU Extension Service ($3,200) to support the Grazing and Pasture Improvement project across southwestern West Virginia
In 2019, West Virginia American Water issued six grants totaling more than $10,000 to the following organizations:
- Campbell’s Creek Women’s Club ($600) to support the Family Fishing & Watershed Improvement Day
- Elk Conservation District ($1,500) for the Trees for Kids program
- Ernie Nester Chapter of Trout Unlimited ($872) to support water quality monitoring in trout environments
- Fourpole Creek Watershed Association ($2,452) for Huntington’s yard and stream program
- Martha Elementary School ($2,200) to support an expanded classroom living stream
- Morris Creek Watershed Association ($2,430) for stream health and water testing equipment
Entries in West Virginia must be postmarked or emailed by March 31, 2020 and should be sent to:
West Virginia American Water
Attn: Bradley Harris, External Affairs Specialist
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Charleston, WV 25302