MINDEN ROAD 2018 WATER MAIN REPLACEMENT PROJECT
West Virginia American Water is investing $420,000 to upgrade drinking water infrastructure in the community of Minden. We are replacing 3,000 feet of aging water pipeline with new 8-inch PVC and ductile iron pipe. We are also replacing two fire hydrants and adding a third new hydrant. This project is the second phase of the system upgrades planned when we acquired the Arbuckle PSD water system.
The new line will be installed along Old Minden Road from Thomas Morst Road to Duncan Road. Construction is expected to start in mid-September and conclude by the end of the year.
We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our customers and our workers.
Here's what we did before construction:
- Reviewed all available test results from recent PCB testing in the area
- Hired an environmental engineering firm, Potesta & Associates, to collect 14 soil samples along the new water line route based on a sampling plan suggested by the U.S. EPA and WVDEP
- Submitted all collected soil samples for PCB testing (August 2018) to ensure there was no PCB contamination in the soil where our new pipeline is to be installed
- Laboratory results showed ND (Non Detect) for all PCB tests run on 28 samples (14 holes, 2 samples per hole)
- Shared the test results with the U.S. EPA, WVDEP, Fayette County Commission and Town of Oak Hill. The full Potesta & Associates report can be downloaded here.