Kentucky American Water Offers Tips for Wise Water Use
Summer is here and warmer weather usually means more water use outdoors. Kentucky American Water reminds customers of wise water use tips to help save water and money this summer:
• Water your lawn only when it needs it. Generally, lawns only need an inch or so of water per week during the summer months.
• Get the most out of watering your lawn or garden by watering early in the morning. As much as 30 percent of water can be lost to evaporation when watering midday.
• Set your lawn mower one notch higher to make your lawn more drought tolerant. Taller grass needs less water.
• Use drip irrigation hoses to water plants.
• Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your sidewalk, driveway, or patio.
• Plant appropriately for your local climate. Check with your local nursery for tips.
• Mulch garden beds to help retain moisture.
• Wash cars using a bucket of soapy water rather than leaving a hose running.
For more wise water use tips visit https://www.amwater.com/kyaw/Water-Information/wise-water-use.
Kentucky American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately half a million people. For more information, visit www.kentuckyamwater.com and follow Kentucky American Water on Twitter and Facebook.
About American Water
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable, and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
External Affairs Manager