New Jersey American Water Announces 11th Annual Volunteer Firefighter and Emergency Medical Services Grant Recipients
CAMDEN, N.J. – May 19, 2021 – In honor of National First Responder Week, New Jersey American Water is proud to announce the recipients of its 11th Annual Volunteer Firefighter and Emergency Medical Services Grant Program. This year, 27 volunteer fire and EMS departments located within the company’s service areas have been chosen to receive grants, totaling over $45,000, which will be used to support initiatives, training and/or upgraded equipment to help the responders better protect themselves and the communities they serve.
“We are proud to support these everyday heroes who provide essential emergency services to our communities,” said Denise Venuti Free, director of Communications and External Affairs, New Jersey American Water. “At a time when resources are stretched thin in many first responder units, our Volunteer Firefighter and EMS Grants enable us to provide some relief to the brave men and women who selflessly volunteer to keep our customers safe.”
This year’s grants will be used in various ways by each department. Some notable items that will be purchased this year include hoses and nozzles, gas detectors, water rescue equipment and as always various personal protective equipment.
The 2021 Volunteer Firefighter & EMS grant recipients include:
- Allenhurst Fire Department
- Barrington Fire Company #1
- Cardiff Volunteer Fire Company #1
- Carneys Point Fire and Rescue
- Egg Harbor City Volunteer Fire Department
- Franklin Township Fire and Rescue
- Garwood First Aid Squad
- Green Village Volunteer Fire Department
- Jamesburg Fire Department
- Laurel Springs Fire Department
- Little Silver Emergency Medical Services
- Mount Ephraim Fire Department
- New Providence Rescue Squad, Inc.
- New Providence Volunteer Fire Department
- North Centerville Fire Company
- Northside Engine Company No. 4, Inc.
- Oceanport Volunteer First Aid & Rescue Squad
- Plainfield Rescue Squad
- Pottersville Fire Company
- Princeton Junction Volunteer Fire Company
- Roxbury Township Fire Department
- South Bound Brook Volunteer Fire Department
- Union Gardens Fire Company
- Vincent Fire Company #1
- Warren Township Rescue Squad
- Washington Fire Company #1
- Watchung Chemical Engine Company
More information about New Jersey American Water’s First Responder Grant Program can be found online at www.newjerseyamwater.com/community.
New Jersey American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.8 million people. For more information, visit www.newjerseyamwater.com and follow New Jersey American Water on Twitter and Facebook.
About American Water
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable, and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Specialist, External Affairs