Your household may qualify if:
- Your total household gross income is at or below 60% of the State Median Income (see table) or a household member is a current recipient of CalFresh or CalWORKs;
- You have a past due amount on your water or wastewater bill;
- You receive service from a community water system or wastewater treatment provider (private wells and septic excluded); and
- Your water or wastewater system has enrolled in the program.
- Renters: If your water and/or wastewater bill is included in your rental payment you may still qualify for LIHWAP if you are past due on rent. The application will require an additional step: you must complete an agreement with your landlord to apply the benefit amount. To learn more about the application process, contact your local LIHWAP agency for more information.