2272 Meadowbrook | Merced CA 95348 | Hours: 8:30AM-4PM | Phone: (209) 819-5283
Services the cities of (or portions of): Merced and Atwater
Meadowbrook Voluntary Sprinkler Irrigation Schedule
Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
No watering on Monday
Watering is limited to three days a week
• To avoid evaporation, please water outdoors before 9 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.
• Watering is limited to a total of 15 minutes per station per allowed day
• Low-flow irrigation systems (Including drip irrigation and microspray) that emits less than two gallons per hour are exempt from day of week and time limitations.
We’re here to help
FREE Water Wise Surveys are available. California American Water provides free water use consultations for our residential and non-residential customers. For residential customers, a conservation specialist will visit your home, identify ways to help you save water, and even provide free low flow fixtures for your kitchen and bathroom. For non-residential customers, a conservation specialist will calculate an individualized water budget and provide water saving recommendations.
Please call your Conservation Specialist at (209) 819-5283 to schedule your in home survey.
State Water Board Bans Watering “Non-Functional” Turf With Potable Water
Effective June 10, 2022, the State Water Board has implemented a statewide ban on watering “non-functional turf” in commercial, industrial, institutional areas with potable water. This does not include house yards, parks, or sports fields, but it does include decorative turf at businesses and in common areas of HOAs and housing subdivisions. Non-functional turf is grass that is solely ornamental and not regularly used for human recreational purposes or for civic or community events.
Why is this happening?
The new emergency regulation is mandated by the State Water Board in response to Governor Gavin Newsom’s March 28 Executive Order and aims to improve the state’s water conservation efforts amid the third year of drought. The emergency regulation will remain in effect for one year, unless modified by the State Water Board.
Learn more about the ban by visiting bit.ly/conservationreg.
What do customers need to do to comply?
Owners and managers of commercial, industrial, institutional, and HOA properties must not use potable water for irrigating non-functional turf. If you have questions about conservation and replacing your turf, please contact our Conservation Specialists by clicking on your district listed above.
The enforcement of this ban will be led by the State Water Resources Control Board, although California American Water does send courtesy notices to customers if there are reports of a potential violation. California American Water is permitted to enforce fines should customers not comply, however we are committed to education over enforcement whenever possible.
CLICK HERE for commercial rebate application
For regional news, tools, and information, please visit the Be Water Smart Regional Authority page.
- Meadowbrook currently offers non-residential rebates.
- The Qualifying devices must be installed on sites located within the district that are served by California American Water. Accounts must be current in order to receive a rebate.
- The purchased device(s) must be new and must be an approved model. Water Sense Certified Products can be found at https://www.epa.gov/watersense/watersense-products
- Completed applications will be processed in the order received on a first come, first served basis until funding is exhausted.
- The rebate amount will not be higher than the cost of the device plus installation if professionally installed but will never exceed the rebate amount allowed.
Qualifying Devices and Amounts
- WaterSense labeled Flushometer – valve Water Closet -Self flushing units not qualified – (1.28 gpf or less) up to $200
- WaterSense Labeled tank toilet installed in commercial building HET1.28 gpf– up to $125
- Water Sense Labeled Tank toilet installed in commercial building UHET1.0-.8 gpf – up to $150
- Commercial WaterSense Labeled Efficiency Clothes Washer -- $500 (Call for a list or visit website) 5. (0.5 GPF)WaterSense labeled flushing Urinals -- $200 Pint Urinal -- $250
- Zero Water Consumption Urinal – up to $300
- Commercial Smart Controller (Must be Water Sense Certified) -- $50 per station
- WaterSense Rain/Weather Sensor attached to an irrigation system -- $40
- High Efficiency Sprinkler Nozzles (minimum 15) -- $4 and $10 for large Rotors (SWAT Tested)
All rebate amounts and rebate program availability are subject to change. For any questions, please call 1-209-819-5283 to determine current eligibility.