Old Warson Road Main Replacement Project
Missouri American Water is replacing approximately 4,600 feet of aging water main along Old Warson Rd. and a small portion of Warson Rd. to enhance service and reliability for area customers. The pipes running along Old Warson Rd. between Warson Rd. and Des Peres Ave. were originally installed in 1926 and 1949 and have experienced a high number of breaks. Replacing the old mains, looping existing mains and adding new valves will significantly reduce the likelihood future service disruptions.
- Replacement of approximately 4,600 feet of water main originally installed in the 1920s and 1940s
- Phase 1 Completed
- Phase 2 completed
- Phase 3 of the project is done. South Warson Road is now open for access.
- Phase 4 of the project continues as Missouri American Water's contractor, OJ Laughlin, will begin the installation of new water services on July 6. This will continue through September. Connections and other finishing work will be put out for bid in October. Please refer to the graphic for traffic control information.
- Project estimated to last 6-7 months (weather dependent), including restoration work
- The project will be done in 4 phases with road closures to speed construction
- Construction to be done by Missouri American Water. Restoration work to be done by external contractors.
The project is highlighted in red below, which indicates construction will begin soon. To access Missouri American Water’s interactive pipe replacement map, click here.
Construction and Street Closure Phases
- Phase 1: Replacement of pipe along Warson Rd. from Carters Grove Ct. to Old Warson Rd.
- Phase 2: Replacement of pipe in the intersection of Warson Rd. and Old Warson Rd.
- Phase 3: Replacement of pipe along Old Warson Rd. from Warson Rd. to just before the eastern connection of Waterbury Dr.
- Phase 4: Replacement of pipe along Old Warson Rd. from the eastern connection of Waterbury Dr. to Des Peres Ave.
Most construction work will occur Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Some work will occur during later hours (until 5:30 p.m.) and on some Saturdays (7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) to speed project delivery.
There will be full lane closures during this project. This will reduce the expected timeframe of the project to 6-7 months and increase the safety of the site. Please use alternative routes during project construction. Roadway signage will be updated throughout the project to reflect closures during the four phases. Phases 1 and 2 will result in full street closures, and Phases 3 and 4 will see full street rolling closures (the entire street will be closed in sections as construction moves down the street, with completed sections opening back up for local traffic only.
RestorationRestoration work will begin on Old Warson Rd on October 9th
Following completion of the pipe replacement, street repaving and property restoration will be bid out to external contractors. Depending on the location of the excavation and any degradation of the street, a full lane or the full width of the street will be repaved.
Upcoming Road Closures
August 21st through the weekend - Old Warson Road closed between Warson East Drive and the entrance to the golf course on Trent Drive
August 28th - South Warson Road be closed from Old Warson to Carter’s Grove Court.
August 1st beginning at 7:00 a.m. for approximately 8-10 hours.
Des Peres Avenue between Hudson Avenue and Old Warson. Refer to photo for detour information.
Old Warson Road will be open at Des Peres during this time.
Crews will be retiring old water main during this closure.
August 3rd – Closure will be effective for approximately 10 days.
South Warson Road from Carter’s Grove to Old Warson Road will be closed. Old Warson Road will be open. Crews will be working to connect new services and retire old services. The photo below shows the traffic control plan.
Questions or concerns? Please contact our project manager:
Work: (314) 996-2205
Cell: (314) 225-0328