Old Warson Road Main Replacement Project
Missouri American Water is replacing approximately 4,600 feet of aging water main along Old Warson Rd. and a small portion of Warson Rd. to enhance service and reliability for area customers. The pipes running along Old Warson Rd. between Warson Rd. and Des Peres Ave. were originally installed in 1926 and 1949 and have experienced a high number of breaks. Replacing the old mains, looping existing mains and adding new valves will significantly reduce the likelihood future service disruptions.
- Replacement of approximately 4,600 feet of water main originally installed in the 1920s and 1940s
- Phase 1 Completed
- Phase Two Scheduled To Begin Monday, March 27
- Project estimated to last 6-7 months (weather dependent), including restoration work
- The project will be done in 4 phases with road closures to speed construction
- Construction to be done by Missouri American Water. Restoration work to be done by external contractors.
The project is highlighted in red below, which indicates construction will begin soon. To access Missouri American Water’s interactive pipe replacement map, click here.
Construction and Street Closure Phases
- Phase 1: Replacement of pipe along Warson Rd. from Carters Grove Ct. to Old Warson Rd.
- Phase 2: Replacement of pipe in the intersection of Warson Rd. and Old Warson Rd.
- Phase 3: Replacement of pipe along Old Warson Rd. from Warson Rd. to just before the eastern connection of Waterbury Dr.
- Phase 4: Replacement of pipe along Old Warson Rd. from the eastern connection of Waterbury Dr. to Des Peres Ave.
Most construction work will occur Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Some work will occur during later hours (until 5:30 p.m.) and on some Saturdays (7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) to speed project delivery.
There will be full lane closures during this project. This will reduce the expected timeframe of the project to 6-7 months and increase the safety of the site. Please use alternative routes during project construction. Roadway signage will be updated throughout the project to reflect closures during the four phases. Phases 1 and 2 will result in full street closures, and Phases 3 and 4 will see full street rolling closures (the entire street will be closed in sections as construction moves down the street, with completed sections opening back up for local traffic only.
Following completion of the pipe replacement, street repaving and property restoration will be bid out to external contractors. Depending on the location of the excavation and any degradation of the street, a full lane or the full width of the street will be repaved.
Questions or concerns? Please contact our project manager:
Work: (314) 996-2205
Cell: (314) 225-0328