If you are a developer or business owner who would like to extend water infrastructure to a new project either within or near an existing Illinois American Water Service area, this is the place to start. Illinois American Water is committed to providing an easy, efficient process to help bring water resources where and when needed.
We look forward to providing water services to your new development. Please start your new project planning with the New Development Booklet – an essential tool for use in planning your project and keeping it on schedule. It is important to note that we cannot provide water service until all requirements identified on the checklist have been met.
Development is important to the communities that we serve. Our goal is to provide you with a process that is efficient, effective and easy to use. If you have questions, please contact your Local Developer Services Contact by phone or email. Click the link to connect with your area Developer Supervisor.
We work with our cities and communities to provide residents and businesses with high-quality water and wastewater service. We also can help communities plan water systems when new growth and development happen. In our years of experience in the industry, we’ve seen all types of challenges, in all areas of the country, and have learned that a one size solution doesn’t fit all. Our teams of experts have experience in every stage, and in every facet of water and wastewater service solutions.
Our engineering and contracting services include:
- Project oversight – We supervise facility planning and engineering from start to finish
- Feasibility and analysis studies – We conduct research to determine a development’s most efficient water and wastewater service options
- Site evaluation – We determine optimum locations for facilities
- Permitting – We secure the permits necessary to build facilities
- Plant and process design – We provide custom solutions and innovative uses of technology
Developer Installed Water Main Program Forms/ Contracts
Whenever possible, all forms should be submitted to ILAW via the Engineering Firm who will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all paperwork.