Customer Assistance Program
If you cannot pay your bill by the due date, please contact our customer service center immediately, before the due date. Our customer service representatives are available at
800-678-6301. They will work with you on a plan to pay the balance of your bill over time.
These payment arrangements may require you to:
- Pay at least 25% of your bill within 48 hours of your call
- Pay the rest of the bill, including any applicable late payment charge, according to an agreed upon schedule
- Pay all future bills as they become due.
Only customers who have not broken similar agreements in the past 12 months are eligible to make these payment arrangements.
Budget Billing provides a fixed monthly payment over a period of 12 months based on the residential customer’s anticipated annual billing. Please call 800-678-6301 to learn more about budget billing.
H20 Help to Others Program
We offer the H20 Help to Others Program for income-eligible customers who find themselves unable to pay their water bills.
Residential customers qualify for assistance if funds permit and if they meet the following guidelines:
- Customer’s total gross household income must be at or below 200% of the 2020 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
- The customer must have paid at least $25 toward their water bill in the 180 days prior to applying for assistance.
- Customer must have a balance of at least $50 outstanding on account.
Customers who are experiencing financial crisis and meet the guidelines above may apply for assistance. This includes customers who are on payment plans and having difficulty making their payments, as well as customers who have been billed for a leak and have incurred a large balance.
The maximum grant is $125 and qualifying customers may receive one grant per calendar year. Agencies may make exceptions in extreme situations.
For a list of agencies who participate in the program, click here and enter your zip code. If you do not see an agency in your area please call our customer service team at 1-800-678-6301.
Want to donate to the H20 Help to Others Program?
Customers can check the box on the back of their bill to add funds to their water bill payment.
Anyone can make a donation online by visiting www.dollarenergy.org and selecting a donation to Kentucky's H20 Help to Others Program. Dollar Energy Fund manages the program's donations and grants for Kentucky American Water.