HIDDEN LEAK ADJUSTMENT
A hidden leak adjustment rate is available to the entire service territory of Kentucky American Water. The hidden leak adjustment rate is available for residential and commercial customers.
A charge of 25% of the applicable tariff will be applied to all water usage determined to be the result of a hidden underground leak.
Terms and Conditions
- A hidden underground leak is defined as a leak in the customer service line between the meter and the premises.
- Hidden underground leak adjustments will be granted to residential and commercial customers.
- The customer must provide a plumber’s statement or list of materials showing that the leak has been repaired.
- After verification of repairs by the water company, the bill will be adjusted by comparing the usage during the leak billing period to the average usage for the past six billing periods.
- A reasonable estimate will be used in cases when six prior periods of information do not exist.
- The excess usage will be billed at the rate specified above.
- During the lifetime of a water service line only two leak adjustments will be permitted. Each adjustment may cover a maximum of two billing periods.
- Before a third adjustment can be considered, the entire water service line from the meter box to the premises must be replaced.
- Plastic pipe for repair of underground water service lines must be certified to withstand a working pressure of 160 pounds per square inch or greater.
Hidden Leak Adjustment
The form should be completed, printed, signed and submitted to one of the following:
Fax: (859) 268-6315
Kentucky American Water
ATTN: Customer Advocacy
2300 Richmond Road
Lexington, KY 40502
Please note that this request must include a plumber’s statement or list of materials showing that the leak has been repaired to be considered for a leak adjustment.