WELCOME TO NEW JERSEY AMERICAN WATER
Welcome to New Jersey American Water. We’re proud to be your new water service provider.
New Jersey American Water completed the acquisition of Roxbury Water Company’s water system on December 31, 2018. We have been providing high-quality, reliable water service to our customers for more than a century, and we’re committed to delivering that same standard of excellence to you.
You’re in good hands.
Our focus is to provide you with around-the-clock, safe, reliable water service each and every day – and we have the people and technologies in place to get the job done right. As our new customer, we wanted to share with you some information about the services we provide, as well as some changes that will be taking place over time.
No change to your water rates.
We’ve adopted Roxbury’s existing rates. And, because New Jersey American Water is regulated by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities, any future proposed changes in water rates will be subject to extensive governmental review and approval. For more information about rates, click here.
Your bill will now be coming monthly.
Previously, Roxbury billed for water service quarterly. Moving forward, we will be transitioning you to monthly billing. This is preferred by many customers, because providing 12 smaller bills instead of four larger bills makes it easier for customers to include the cost of water service in their monthly household budgets. Another benefit is that it provides customers with more frequent information about water usage. This allows customers to detect leaks on their household plumbing sooner. Detecting leaks early saves water and money!
Here’s how the transition in billing will work.
You will receive your first bill from New Jersey American Water in February. This bill will be prorated and will cover service fees and water usage charges from the last quarterly meter reading completed by Roxbury Water Company in late November through the February meter reading date. This bill will be due and payable to New Jersey American Water. You will then be billed on a monthly basis thereafter.
Additional benefits we have to offer
- Regular investment in our water systems. We continually evaluate our systems and facilities, prioritize projects and then make necessary capital investments to improve service. Statewide, we invested more than $350 million in 2017 alone to improve the water treatment and pipeline systems.
- Paperless Billing and Auto Pay: Consider signing up for Paperless Billing and receive your bills by email. Take it one step further and sign up for our recurring Automatic Payment Program (EFT). Your bill will be paid on time, every time, directly from your checking or savings account AUTOMATICALLY! No checks to write and no stamps required. You will still receive a copy of your bill before the payment is due so that you have time to review it if needed. Both of these services are free, and you can discontinue them at any time. Once you receive your first bill from us with your new account number, you can enroll online using our web self-service tool My Account at amwater.com/myaccount. We also have several other convenient payment options. Learn more.
- Good value. Our tap water costs about a penny a gallon, and for most customers, the water bill is the lowest utility bill they pay.
- High-quality service. Our team of water quality experts and licensed operators has an exceptional track record when it comes to water quality. We perform thousands of tests each year for about 100 regulated contaminants. These tests are performed at our in-house quality control laboratories, and we have access to American Water’s Belleville Lab, one of the most advanced water quality laboratories in the U.S. We monitor water quality every step of the way, from source to tap, and we know what it takes to provide water service that meets or surpasses state and federal drinking water standards.
- Commitment to our customers and the environment. We promote wise water use, support environmental programs and offer water experts to speak to your school, civic and neighborhood groups. Learn more.
- A helping hand for customers in need. Through our H2O Help to Others Program™, we offer financial assistance to help customers who qualify pay their water bill.
We’re here to answer your questions.
Our customer service representatives are available to answer your questions at 1-800-272-1325, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For emergencies: we’re available at this number 24/7.
Customers can also access My Account anytime to view and pay your bill, track water use, and sign up for paperless billing and more. All you need is your account number, which you will receive with your first bill. Then visit www.amwater.com/myaccount to register. It’s that easy.
It’s a privilege to serve you.
We are excited to be your new water service provider. For more information, please review our welcome packet. We also invite you to like us on Facebook at fb.com/njamwater.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us and for allowing us to serve you. It really is a privilege.
Meet the Team
Welcome to New Jersey American Water. We will be hosting an open house in Roxbury. Join us and get to know the people who will be serving your community. We’ll have information about our services, payment options, rates, customer assistance programs and more!
WHAT: New Jersey American Water’s Open House for our new customers in Roxbury
WHEN: Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Snow date (if needed): Wednesday, January 30, 2019
WHERE: Horseshoe Lake Senior Center, 72 Eyland Ave, Succasunna, NJ 07876
We hope you can join us!