ENVIRONMENTAL GRANT PROGRAM
Our commitment to protecting the environment runs deep and we’re proud to support the efforts of local organizations that share our vision.
Established in 2009, our annual Environmental Grant Program offers funding for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and groundwater supplies in our local communities.
We are pleased to offer assistance to community partners to help make a positive impact on the environment, and we encourage you to apply.
To qualify for Environmental Grant funding, a proposed project must be:
- Be located within New Jersey American Water’s service area;
- Address a source water or watershed protection in the community;
- Be completed between May 2021 and November 2021;
- Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program;
- Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations;
- Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the grant monies are utilized);
- Salaries and compensation for support of a project or program are ineligible for the grant.
For more information, please see our 2021 Program Brochure and Grant Application Form. If you have questions about the grant or grant process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2021.
2020 Environmental Grant Recipients
In 2020, New Jersey American Water issued four grants totaling more than $35,000 to the following organizations:
Montclair State University’s
Howell Township Organic Community Garden (HOCG) was awarded
To see previous grant recipients: