Dear Valued Customer,
I am pleased to announce that Pennsylvania American Water completed the acquisition of the York City Sewer Authority’s wastewater system. We have been providing high-quality, reliable water and wastewater services to communities across the state for well over a century. In fact, we’re already the service provider for many neighboring communities, and we’re committed to delivering that same standard of excellence to you as our new wastewater customer.
You’re in good hands.
Our focus is to provide you with safe, reliable wastewater service – and we have the people and technologies in place to get the job done right. As our valued customer, we wanted to share with you some information about the services we provide, as well as some changes that will be taking place over time.
About your rates.
There will be no changes to your current rates. Because Pennsylvania American Water is regulated by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, any future proposed changes in rates will be subject to extensive governmental review and approval. To learn more, visit pennsylvaniaamwater.com/rates.
Here’s how the billing transition will work.
You will continue to be billed monthly; however, your wastewater bill will now be generated approximately a month after your water bill. This is because we will receive water usage data approximately a month after the water meter readings are performed. The data will then be used to generate your wastewater bill. For example, the water usage data for May to June will be supplied to Pennsylvania American Water in July, and you will receive your wastewater bill from us shortly thereafter.
Please note: York Water will not be accepting payments on our behalf. If you prefer to pay in person, Pennsylvania American Water has agreements with authorized payment locations in your area:
- WAL-MART, 1800 Loucks Road, Suite 100, York
- WAL-MART, 2801 East Market, Building B, York
- Weis Markets, 2065 Springwood Road, York
- Weis Markets, 1800 Roosevelt Avenue, York
- Weis Markets, 2160 White Street, York
- Weis Markets, 2400 E. Market Street, York
In addition, a Pennsylvania American Water customer kiosk will be placed at York City Hall in July where credit card and electronic check payments will be accepted. Please note: No cash will be accepted.
For a complete listing of payment locations, click here.
Additional benefits of being a Pennsylvania American Water customer.
- Regular investment in our systems. We continually evaluate our systems and facilities, prioritize projects and then make necessary capital investments to improve service. Statewide, we invested approximately $373 million in 2021 alone to improve the water and wastewater treatment and pipeline systems. Locally, over the next five years, Pennsylvania American Water plans to invest approximately $17.5 million in York’s wastewater system. Upgrades include wastewater treatment process improvements, technology and control system upgrades and wastewater main rehabilitation projects using trenchless technology.
- Paperless Billing and Auto Pay. Enroll in Paperless Billing, and we’ll notify you by email when your bill is available to view online. Take it one step further and sign up for our recurring Auto Pay. Your bill will be paid on time, every time, directly from your checking or savings account AUTOMATICALLY! No checks to write and no stamps required. Both of these services are free, and you can discontinue them at any time. It’s easy to enroll online using our self-service tool MyWater at mywater.amwater.com. All you need is your account number, which you will receive with your first bill.
- High-quality service. Our team of water and wastewater experts and licensed operators has an exceptional track record when it comes to meeting regulations. With Pennsylvania American Water’s strong reputation for leadership, innovation and expertise, we have what it takes to meet the needs of your community.
- Emergency notification system. In case of emergencies, we use a high-speed notification system to quickly alert customers via phone, text and email when emergencies occur. Visit mywater.amwater.com to choose how you want to be notified and to update your contact information. You can also report an emergency online or through MyWater.
- Commitment to our customers and the environment. We promote wise water use, support environmental programs and offer experts to speak to your school, civic and neighborhood groups.
- A helping hand for customers in need. Through our H2O Help to Others Program™, we offer financial assistance to help residential customers who qualify pay their wastewater bill. This includes grants of up to $500 per year and a 30 percent discount on the total wastewater charges. To learn more or to see if you qualify, contact Dollar Energy Fund at 1-888-282-6816 or visit our Customer Assistance Programs page.
We’re here to answer your questions.
Our customer service representatives are available to answer your questions at 1-800-565-7292, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For emergencies: we’re available at this number 24/7.
You can also access MyWater anytime to view and pay your bill, sign up for paperless billing and more. Visit mywater.amwater.com to register. It’s that easy. Be sure to have your account number handy.
It’s a privilege to serve you.
We are excited to be your service provider. For more information, please review the welcome packet mailed to your address and like us on Facebook.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us and for allowing us to serve you. It really is a privilege.
Other helpful information:
Welcome to Pennsylvania American Water brochure
Rights and Responsibilities
Conservation Tips and Detecting Leaks
Preventing Sewer Blockages