Dear Valued Customer,
I am pleased to announce that Pennsylvania American Water completed the acquisition of Steelton Borough Authority’s water system. We have been providing high-quality, reliable service to customers for more than a century, and we’re committed to delivering that same standard of excellence to you.
You’re in good hands.
Our focus is to provide you with around-the-clock, safe, reliable wastewater service each and every day – and we have the people and technologies in place to get the job done right. As our new customer, we wanted to share with you some information about the services we provide, as well as some changes that will be taking place over time.
About your rates.
We’ve adopted Steelton’s existing wastewater rates, so there will be no changes to your current charges. Because Pennsylvania American Water is regulated by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, any future proposed changes in wastewater rates will be subject to extensive governmental review and approval. For more information about rates, visit pennsylvaniaamwater.com/rates.
We’re transitioning you to monthly billing.
Previously, you were billed quarterly for wastewater service. Beginning in November, we’ll be transitioning you to monthly billing. This is preferred by many customers, because providing 12 smaller bills instead of four larger bill makes it easier for customers to include the cost of wastewater service in their monthly household budgets.
Here’s how the billing transition will work.
Your meter will be read within three days after close. The Steelton Borough Authority will send you a bill for your water services received through that meter read date. Payment for this final bill and any prior outstanding balance should be mailed to the Authority as indicated on the bill.
You will receive your first bill from Pennsylvania American Water in November. This bill will cover service fees and usage charges for water service received from the October meter read date through the November meter reading date. This bill will be due and payable to Pennsylvania American Water. You will then be billed on a monthly basis thereafter.
Please note: Steelton Borough will not be accepting payments on our behalf. If you prefer to pay in person, Pennsylvania American Water does have agreements with several authorized payment locations across the state, including the Wal-Mart located at 6535 Grayson Road in Harrisburg. We also have several other convenient payment options. For a downloadable/printable version of our payment options, click here.
Additional benefits of being a Pennsylvania American Water customer.
- Regular investment in our systems. We continually evaluate our systems and facilities, prioritize projects and then make necessary capital investments to improve service. Statewide, we invested more than $365 million in 2018 alone to improve the water and wastewater treatment and pipeline systems. Locally, over the next four years, Pennsylvania American Water plans to invest approximately $3 million in system improvements to Exeter’s water and wastewater system.
- Paperless Billing and Auto Pay. Enroll in Paperless Billing, and we’ll notify you by email when your bill is available to view online. Take it one step further and sign up for our recurring Auto Pay. Your bill will be paid on time, every time, directly from your checking or savings account AUTOMATICALLY! No checks to write and no stamps required. Both of these services are free, and you can discontinue them at any time. It’s easy to enroll online using our web self-service tool MyWater at myaccount.amwater.com. All you need is your account number, which you will receive with your first bill (if you’re not already a customer of ours).
- High-quality service. Our team of water quality experts and licensed operators has an exceptional track record when it comes to water quality. We perform thousands of tests each year for about 100 regulated contaminants. These tests are performed at our in-house quality control laboratories, and we have access to American Water’s Belleville Lab, one of the most advanced water quality laboratories in the U.S. We monitor water quality every step of the way, from source to tap, and we know what it takes to provide water service that meets or surpasses state and federal drinking water standards.
- Emergency notification system. In case of emergencies, we use a high-speed notification system to quickly alert customers via phone, text and email when emergencies occur. Visit myaccount.amwater.com to choose how you want to be notified and update your contact information.
- Commitment to our customers and the environment. We promote wise water use, support environmental programs and offer experts to speak to your school, civic and neighborhood groups.
- A helping hand for customers in need. Through our H2O Help to Others Program™, we offer financial assistance to help customers who qualify pay their wastewater bill.
We’re here to answer your questions.
Our customer service representatives are available to answer your questions at 1-800-565-7292, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For emergencies: we’re available at this number 24/7.
You can also access MyWater anytime to view and pay your bill, track water use, and sign up for paperless billing and more. Visit myaccount.amwater.com to register. It’s that easy. Be sure to have your account number handy.
It’s a privilege to serve you.
We are excited to be your new wastewater service provider. For more information, please review the enclosed welcome packet. We also invite you to like us on Facebook.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us and for allowing us to serve you. It really is a privilege.