Welcome to Virginia American Water’s Eastern District Page
Virginia American Water's Eastern District comprises 18 separate water systems serving over 3,000 customers across five counties on or near Virginia's Northern Neck.
Each system is unique; however, each has one or more of the following: groundwater well, pumping station, hydro pneumatic tank to regulate pressure, and depending on the size of the system, additional water storage tanks. Overall, the system has 34 active groundwater wells, 21 booster pump stations, 34 hydro pneumatic tanks and 24 larger water storage tanks. The source of water in the Eastern District is the Coastal Plain Aquifer.
Investing in Your Water System
Since 2015, we have made over $6.7 million in continued investment in your water system, replacing old pumps and motors, purchasing new permanent electric generators (which have enabled us to maintain water service during hurricanes and other storms), replacing old pipes and equipment, installing new water storage tanks, and just recently a new well station facility. We continue to upgrade the Eastern District System even as we look for ways to control costs.
Investing in Your Community
Not only do our employees work in your community, but we also live here. With that, we see the importance of giving back to the community in many ways.
- Since 2010, Virginia American Water has assisted the Northern Neck Soil & Water Conservation District in their annual local waterway clean-up events.
- We also participate annually in our “Back-To-School” school supplies drive. Our team rotates each year in giving to a different school system within the counties we serve.
- We pool together to make a monetary donation to the annual WRAR Christmas Wishes program.
- We also donate in various ways to the Healthy Harvest Food Bank, just recently, participating in the Gleaning Program where we were out in the corn fields picking.
- Virginia American Water also provides a Fire Fighter Grant which is typically awarded to five local volunteer fire departments.
We do all of this because we care about our neighbors!
How Boaters Can Help Protect the Watershed
This poster provides some tips for boaters about ways to keep our waterways and water supply healthy.