WE'RE PROUD TO BE YOUR WATER SERVICE PROVIDER.
On August 2, 2023 Virginia American Water will complete the acquisition of the E.L. Goddard drinking water system. We have been providing high-quality, reliable water and wastewater services to communities across the Commonwealth for well over a century. In fact, we’re the largest water company in the state and we are committed to delivering that same standard of excellence to you as our new water customer.
You’re in good hands.
Our focus is to provide you with safe, reliable water service—and we have the people and technologies in place to get the job done right. As our valued customer, we wanted to share with you some information about the services we provide, as well as some changes that will be taking place over time.
About your rates.
There will be no immediate changes to your current rates. Because Virginia American Water is regulated by the State Corporation Commission (SCC), any future proposed changes in rates will be subject to extensive governmental review and approval.
We’re transitioning your billing to monthly.
Here’s how the billing transition will work. You will receive a final bill from Amy Goddard for the month of July and
you can expect to receive your first monthly bill from Virginia American Water in August/September. Your subsequent bills will be for a period of around 30 days and will be sent to you on a monthly basis.
Customer service at your fingertips with MyWater.
Managing your account online is simple with our self-service website, MyWater. Through MyWater, you can:
• View and pay your bill
• Sign up for our Auto Pay and Paperless Billing programs
• Update your contact information and tell us how you want to receive emergency alerts (phone, text or email)*
To register, visit amwater.com/mywater and click on Sign Up. Have your account number handy.
Convenient billing and payment options.
We understand how busy life can be, so we offer several convenient payment options.
• Auto Pay: Enroll in Auto Pay, and your bill will be paid on time, every time, automatically on the due date. No stamps required. You can choose to have your monthly bill automatically applied to your credit card or deducted directly from your checking or savings account.
• Pay by phone: 24/7 at 1-855-748-6066 to pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or your bank account (Electronic Check). A $1.95 transaction fee applies.
• Pay online: Visit www.amwater/billpay or pay online using MyWater. A $1.95 transaction fee applies. Avoid the transaction fee by paying by e-check through MyWater at mywater.com/mywater.
• Pay by mail: Mail your check to the address provided on your bill. No cash, staples or paper clips, please.
• Pay in person: To find an authorized payment location near you, visit virginiaamwater.com. Under Customer Service & Billing, select Billing and Payment Info. For a complete listing of payment locations, visit virginiaamwater.com. Under Pay My Bill, select Pay in Person.
A helping hand for customers in need.
Through our H2O Help to Others Program™, we offer financial assistance to help residential customers who qualify pay their water and/or wastewater bill. For our water customers who qualify, we provide grants of up to $500 per year. To learn more or to see if you qualify, visit virginiaamwater.com and select Customer Assistance Programs from the Customer Service & Billing menu.
We’re here to answer your questions.
Our customer service representatives are available to answer your questions at 1-800-452-6863, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For emergencies: we’re available at this number 24/7. You will have access to MyWater to view and pay your bill, track water use, sign up for paperless billing and more. Visit mywater.amwater.com to register. It’s that easy. Be sure to have your account number handy.
It’s a privilege to serve you.
We are excited to be your service provider. For more information about Virginia American Water, please visit us online at virginiaamwater.com and follow us on social media.